Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jerky the Salesman

A funny post from the City Paper:

As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, members of the Washington Capitals’ Guest Services department have been trying to get me to re-up my two season tickets in Section 413 of the Verizon Center for the 2007–2008 campaign. They put forth a convincing argument for a long-time die-hard Caps fan such as myself: Discounted tickets, meet-the-team parties, various autographed memorabilia, a ticket-exchange program.

[...]

Several times in the last few weeks, I have received phone calls from my account representative, during which we’ve discussed my situation. Yesterday afternoon, however, upon seeing my rep’s phone number pop up once again on my ringing cell phone, I elected not to answer, as I was under a tight deadline. Oh, how I wish I had taken the time to answer that call. Because, this time, the Capitals were breaking out the big guns—literally.

They broke out defenseman Milan Jurcina.

If you want to hear the message Jurcina left him, click here. This might be funny, but I feel bad for these guys. Cold calling people who have not re-upped, especially when English is your second language? Not fun.

2 comments:

Stephanie Karin said...

Oh my god I love how COMPLETELY unenthused he sounds when he says "Go Caps" at the end. How freaking adorable! Can I keep him Shmee?

Steph said...

Okay I also swear that was me.