Thursday, May 17, 2007

Zubrus injured

Former Capital and current Buffalo Sabre Dainius Zubrus is injured and will likely miss Game 5 of the Sens v Sabres series in Buffalo this Saturday, per ESPN. Apparently, Zubrus was already struggling with the injury during Game 4 in Ottawa on Wednesday.

Zubrus, acquired from Washington in a trade deadline deal in March, has been hampered by a lower body injury that limited him to just four minutes of ice time in Buffalo's 3-2 win in Game 4 on Wednesday.
The article didnt mention how he got the injury or how serious it is, and clubs tend to be notoriously tight lipped about that information. However, it must be substantial to cause Zubie to sit out this weekend's must-win game for the Sabres. I hope we see him on the ice again soon.

6 comments:

Abhinav said...

Glad to see he took the Caps terminology with him to Buffalo. Hope your "lbi" heals quickly, Zuby.

Shmee said...

Haha...I wish that teams would give us just a little more info!

Abhinav said...

I've missed every game of the series so far. I thought the game was tonight, but I guess they're pushing it back another night.

LAME.

Abhinav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abhinav said...

To be clear, the deleted comment above was deleted by me. It was a double post.

Shmee said...

Yeah, I was surprised to see on Wed. that the next game was scheduled for Sat. Apparently its because NBC wanted to carry it but I distinctly remember Versus saying over and over that they were carrying them exclusively.