Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Speak, prospect!

The NHL has decided it likes blogs. A lot. So along with the celebrity blogs (and I use the word celebrity cautiously) they have been running during the playoffs, they are dedicating space to let the top 2007 hockey prospects blog leading up the NHL Draft on June 22nd. Its a great way to get some insight into what the top prospects are experiencing, especially when you consider that almost all of them are still in their late teens. James vanRiemsdyk, who is ranked by TSN as the third overall prospect in the 2007 draft, blogged about his excitement at getting to attend his high school prom:

With less than a month to go before the NHL Combine, I’m basically living the life of a normal high school kid. I’ve been lucky enough to get out and play tennis and toss the football around with some of the guys on the team, and I even got to attend my senior prom last week on my birthday, May 4.
Among others, the list of bloggers includes Keaton Ellerby, Karl Alzner, and Angelo Esposito. They are respectively ranked #4, #5 and #8 for this year's draft. Check'em out.

No comments: