Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Around the internets

Tarik, you tease (I'm sure Washington Post sports writers are regularly referred to as teases). With a teaser title like "Clark's Agony on Rise", I dont think many Caps fans going to not read Tarik's article in today's WaPo. So be sure to read it.

From Capitals Insider:

*If you read my notebook in today's Post, then you already know that Chris Clark (strained groin muscle) has been downgraded to week-to-week and that Michael Nylander (undisclosed) is aiming to return this weekend. Defenseman Brian Pothier, after being scratched the past two games, also figures to get back into the lineup.
Corey takes a look at Nicklas Backstrom:
"I felt pretty good the first games, but I did not score or get many assists," the 20-year-old said. "The stats are counting now, and so are the victories, so absolutely I feel better."
Thats right, my little Swedish meatball, the stats are really, really counting now. So dont slump, or we'll deport you. Just kidding (mostly).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't expedt Backstrom to slump, I think he is just getting comfortable now.

Dan, Jr. said...

As soon as Backstrom started looking comfortable. He started scoring. He's just so much better playing center instead of wing.

http://juniors-eyes.blogspot.com/