Thursday, November 29, 2007

Caps lose SO to Cats

Another shoot out loss. Some thoughts from last night's game:

- The first period looked completely different from the second and third. The beat writers say that the Caps were getting used to a new system in the first-- it was pretty obvious something was going on
- Olie Kolizig can still compete with the best out there. If you dont believe me, I will reference you to last night's game tape.
-Milan Jurcina played heavy minutes in the first period, then was benched. From where I was sitting, I saw him throw some hard hits and he was pretty defensively sound. Boudreau has made it clear that every player has a chance to play, so does this open the door for Eminger again?
- Brook Laich has really stepped up his game. I have consistently seen him playing his heart out this season, and last night was no exception. He was scrappy and hard working
- Alex Semin took a lazy penalty in the first, but that's nothing new
- Matt Pettinger didnt impress me on the second line
- I've had mixed feelings on the SO, but last night put me firmly in the "pro" category. For the only time during the game, the crowd was really engaged and on its feet.
- Mike Green is getting better and better, defensively and offensively

2 comments:

Abhinav said...

This game was painful to even listen to.

Also, I'm having a root canal done in 30 minutes. :(

Steph said...

Oh Milaaaaaan...step it up, I'll be so disappointed if you're benched all game long when I see you in December.