Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Decision 2008

No, not a post about politics. Though I did just get my hair cut and I asked for "young and fun". Instead, I got this.

I have posted a bit on Cap Addiction about my hectic spring and summer, which saw me traveling for work about 80% of the time. Some of it was fun, some stressful and some of it just plain sucked. Like being stuck at Albuquerque Airport during Hurricane Dolly. I also had some bad moments about leaving this blog unattended for so long, but there wasnt much I could do about it. And as usual with me, I eventually got over it.

With the first pre-season game tomorrow, the decision I have to make is over my season tickets. With all that traveling, something became really clear to me -- I want to continue traveling. And not for work, and not just in America. So after a two week stint on the road, I came back to my office and resigned. And for right now, all my future plans entail is a road trip I am leaving for tomorrow, a trip to Central America in November, and an extended trip to Asia and the South Pacific in December and January. Not much time for hockey, eh?

I have been holding onto my season tickets, even as I booked my flights and started packing up my apartment (yup, I'm leaving DC too). Even as I am writing this post, my season tickets are sitting on my dresser. And even as I get ready to leave tomorrow, I dont know that I am going to be able to call and cancel them. I have every logical reason to give up my tickets and every emotional one to keep them and try to get to any game that I can. Decision 2008 isnt going to be an easy one for me, at least in one sense.


DCSportsChick said...

You're leaving DC?!? Bummer for us, though it sounds like it will be good for you. You'll be missed!

Rage said...

Good lord, Lakshmi. Quite a decision. Good luck on your trip and best wishes.

violator said...

Please post more posts. :)